How do we give realistic motion to our game models?
Linear Motion is motion in a straight line.
- time - measured in seconds unless otherwise stated
- length - in meters unless otherwise stated
- The mass of this object is so small as to have no effect on motion
- If you draw a picture of the moon moving around the earth, the picture is different than if you draw a picture of the moon moving around the earth while moving around the sun.
- measurement unit with no direction involved
- vectors are scalars + direction
(average) velocity : change in position over a unit of time (the bigger the time, the more inaccurate the calc... the CPU controls the time, we have no control).
velocity = total displacement / total time;