Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Dirty Italics Hack

UPDATE:
This patch will make fonts already acting properly for italics go to "SUPER ITALICS"

So if you have been following along, you'll know that italics aren't working for certain fonts. I have created a really dirty (like roll around in the mud dirty) hack... a little description as given on IRC

xrayon: just give me the dirtiest part
mullin: the dirty part is reading whether a font should be italic or not
mullin: so I do some casting where I shouldn't
mullin: so during init time I read whether the font should be italic, and I set a variable that is kept around until draw time
mullin: at draw time I retrieve that variable, if the variable is true
mullin: I shear all text glyphs a little bit
mullin: making them look italics

The Patch

Project Page

No comments: